Friday, June 28, 2013

Coming soon..

In between everything else going on.. I have been working on two new lines of items for the store. One is a bit of a surprise for later... And the other is all kinds of Beach Themed items. 
I thought you'd like to see a bit of what I do. I put a lot of hand work into my birdhouses. Lol- you should of seen the look on my physical therapists face when I told her I do all of this kind of work with an exacto blade:) Danger! I had to explain to her I be more deadly with a machine, lol. 
You can see that I build these houses hollow in hopes that one day a small enough bird might actually come along and move in:) I don't use patterns, so no two end up the same, I measure and cut as I go. And each little house ends up with several layers of paint before its all over, to give it that perfectly aged look.. To make ten houses, it has taken me six separate days. That's why I charge a little bit more from them. And this set is smaller than the normal ones I make:)
All of them got their roofs last night, now I just have to age them again:)

But first, I gotta convince these two to let me get some work done!
Otis
...and Rufus
...until next time...

6 comments:

Ascension said...

Que preciosas pajareras, comprendo que te den mucho trabajo porque son fantasticas.
Me encantan esas caritas de tus gatitos.
besitos ascension

Margaret said...

Your bird houses are great but I don't think too many birds will stay around for long with those two frisky felines on the prowl.

The Old Maid said...

Oh, good to see I am not the only one who is marking wood "back" "front" etc. ;) Good to see your miniatures "in the making"! Thank you for sharing Katie!
Hugs

Caseymini said...

Katie, I see that you still have Rufus and Otis to help....It is always more fun to make minis with assistants present! The look on Otis's face says it all..."I own this place!". Oh and I love the birdhouses. The one that I got from your Etsy site, that sits on a pedestal is still one of my all time favorite pieces. Aged to perfection!

Fabiola said...

Your cats are adorable.
I really like the birdhouses.
Greetings, Faby

Marisa said...

Hahaha..I like the way otis looked at the camera he's like "if a little bird comes near this house it's toast!" such a charactor while rufus looks so suave and sophisticated..(i've been going to I can haz a cheeseburger again)

I love your little bird houses they're so cute

Hugs
Marisa