Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Little of this and that..

Awhile back I bought this with the intentions of hanging one up in Cora's Gothic room.. I ended up with four of them..... So I did this to two of them: Whatcha think?! I think it's really neat- One will be going into The Painted Lady... the other will go up in Etsy.


Next is a picture of Rufus and Otis.... They can't stand each other when they're awake! But not today..... So cute! Don't tell anyone, but they're touching each other and don't even know it.


Next is a new Project:) I found a listing on Etsy for 13 doll heads, and knew I had to have them. And when they came last night, I totally got side-tracked and spent the next 5 hours sanding them down.




I started with an emery board- I use these to do almost all of my sanding jobs, but I soon realized I wasn't getting anywhere.... So I broke out the dremel! And you'd be proud- I didn't even hurt myself. LOL!! After I 'dremeled' all of them down, I went back and did the detail sanding....

This next pic shows you what I started with and what I got it to look like when I was done.....



Now they just need a coat of paint. Some will get crackled, some stoned- lol, and some I just want to paint white.

And then there's these......



Another find on Etsy. They are some kind of game pieces. I'm going to repaint them and a few will live in MarshMallow Manor. ((My Dad flies for a living, and I've been trying to find something that would be totally his in the house. In their real house, they have a few models of the planes he has flown on, and I plan on using those as my guide.))

So needless to say, I've got my plate full again, or should I say my bed, the coffee table, the end table.... LMAO- It's just everywhere, lol.

Until Next Time....

5 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Thanks for sharing all your fun projects! Can't wait to see the finished projects on the doll heads ans airplanes.

Maria Ireland said...

Lol your cats look so cute :). your buys look great good luck with all your ideas :)

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

I really need to learn how to do those paint treatments you do. They make things look SO neat!

My Wee Life said...

Love these l'il projects :)

Kim said...

You are on fire girl! The heads look great- one of them would look so cool nestled in tall plants in a garden. Wish I had a life size one! I can't wait to see the airplanes after you have worked your magic!