Sunday, August 15, 2010

Real Life Collections:

While Cora and I were out looking through thrift stores recently.....I found what I thought was a perfect bargain! A Beatrix Potter plate for $1.98!! It's stamped with the year 1999.......


Now why does this matter?? Well, you see.....it was my Mom that started me on these 'collections'. When I was little she bought a few pieces and somehow over the years, I have managed to keep them intact:) OK, so they're a little dusty, but it's nothing that my lazy self couldn't clean.

I can't really pick out a favorite....

Cause I love all the pieces I have!

But I can say, it's a collection I don't ever think I'll part with!!

There's a lot of childhood memories here....... My favorite being tea-parties with my bears:)

So...Thanks for looking, Hope you enjoyed your visit!.....I have a few more Real Life collections to share with ya...so be on the look out for the next post!

5 comments:

Sans! said...

Can't believe that went for $1.98 only!!

One of the 1st stories I tried to introduce my nieces to are the Beatrix Potter ones. I wonder if they will appreciate these delicate porcelain wares that seem so precious and grown up. In many ways, kids these days are so much cleverer than us. Yet, we seemed to grow up faster than they did :).

Debbie said...

Katie, my parents started a huge collection of Beatrix Potter China for my eldest Ben. There are some fabulous pieces about. Harry has a Winnie the Pooh Collection. xxxx

Katie said...

Debbie......I have a Winnie the Pooh Collection, too, LOL.... ((I was an only child until my parents remarried, so I was a wee bit spoiled.....And I'm a pack Rat, too....If you ever fet a chance you should photogragh both collections! I love seeing other people treasures:)

Ana Anselmo said...

I love Beatrix Potter too, and your collection is lovely!!!! I have a collection of tea pots, but no room for nothing more LOL (room-boxes take it over...)

miniaturista said...

Que vajilla tan original, tan bonita y dulce.
Un abrazo
Maite