Friday, July 2, 2010

This week's projects....

Look at what I did!! I've had these 3 little drawers for the longest time, not too sure where they originally came from, but for whatever reason, I've been holding onto them for a project like this. I just glued them together, dry brushed on white paint, and then sanded it before it dried all the way, then glued in the shells....And I LOVE it!!


While I had the shells out, I went ahead and filled one of my glass pitchers with them....... I also have a glass cake stand that I want to fill with shells as well, but first I have to find it, LOL!! (The shelf it's on is one from Cora's house....I took it out to age it, It's been sanded and carved~ well I took my son's pocket knife and carved away some of the areas to make it look worn......)


Oh.......and I made a 'little' basket! I haven't finished painting it yet....... it will look like the big one when I get done.


Thought I'd share these picture with you....Sums up our week. I haven't been feeling good, and I think I've bored the kids....and the cat...to sleep! Hahaha


My youngest son managed to finally get the black kitten from under the trailer...... He's so little....and very quiet! Tried to get a good pic for ya, but we couldn't seem to get him to sit still! Thought this one was cute though.....


So that's about it for the week......
Hope everyone has a Safe 4th of July!!!

Until Next Time......

5 comments:

Ana Anselmo said...

as always, so lovely mini things and I am going to copy that fantastic idea with the drawers, if you dont mind.
a special kiss to Cora
Love from Lisbon
Ana

Caseymini said...

The new black kitten is so cute. Don't you just love the blue eyes at that age? Happy 4th to you and yours!

Carolyn said...

I love the little drawers - what a great idea!!

Ara said...

Love your shell ideas!! they make me want to go to the beach!! How did you ever think of using the drawers like that? Cute kitty!!! hugs, ara

Sans! said...

As usual, so clever and creative, Katie :). Your kids like the little kittens are beautiful , even when they sleep lol.

Have a good week!