Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weekly update from the Crazy Farm

Thought I'd show you what I've been working on this week. After seeing some oval jugs...I realized I had to have some, too......... and then it hit me.....Beads! I could use beads as the base and just attach those paper rims to the top........I really love those little ones!


But like I said.....I wanted an oval jug, so I kept digging and finally found some small oval beads~ see the red one in the middle, or the pink on the left....there's also a silver one in the back?? The red ones will eventually go into Marshmallow Manor. (I think they need some mushroom spots around the bottom, don't you?) I still have several layers of painting to go....and the handles need to be added. But over all....I like em!


As usual, I had help.....


We had a visitor the other night.....Boogers! Him and Fred were sharing kitty kisses.....

And this is Maggie....AKA Mud or as the bf calls her The Gremlin...Poor girl! She's the new Momma around here.... wanna meet the babies??

She's been bringing them up onto the porch in the morning when she eats breakfast.........Look, it's a baby JD.....(JD's fixed, so I know he's not the daddy.....but Ill be darned if this baby doesn't look just like D did when he was little!)

They have the cutest faces!

I couldn't just leave them there in the dust.....So I brought out a towel....

....and put them in a box....


And then I sat and talked to them for awhile........
After she ate, she took them back under the porch with her.....they were starting to cry, so I'm thinking it was time for them to eat, too.

They're cute and all! But They're Not staying.......and as soon as I can catch her.....I'll call animal control (again!) to come get them.... but until then, I can look can't I?

OK.....I'm off to make some more phone calls.....still can't find a lawyer to take my disability case, and I'm reaching the end of the line, here. I sent my records up to a lawyer in Fredricksburg yesterday~ that's about 3 hours away form here.....close to where my Mom lives....so keep your fingers crossed! I can't find a lawyer locally, and believe me, I think I've called just about everyone around here. No one wants to take it cause we're at the federal level...Hell, I don't wanta go to Federal court either, but a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do, right! ((And for the record...this is exhausting! I hate making phone calls! I'm tired of going to consultations....I don't have the energy for this..... I just wanna go crawl right back in the bed and pull the covers over my head!)

So, until next time.....maybe by then, I'll have the jugs done?!

8 comments:

Merry Jingle said...

Those jugs are fab and you sure made a bunch of them :D And those kitties are so cute :) Hope everything goes well with the lawyer, fingers crossed :)

Ascension said...

Una idea brillante, te han quedado genial!!!
Disfruta de ellos hasta que se los lleven, son tan simpaticos.
Ojala tengas mucha suerte y encuentres un abogado competente que te lo soluciones rapido.
besitos ascension

Ara said...

Love the jugs and the baby kitties! Do bad you can only keep the jugs :) They're so cute! Will be praying you find a lawyer - how frustrating....

Also, thank you so much for the gift you sent in the mail! I loved them!! I will definitely be able to do something with them! I am thinking posters in the kids rooms or .... not sure yet but the wheels are turning!! Thank you!!

hugs, ara

Debbie said...

Katie, the Fur Babies are too cute.
I visited our friend yesterday, who has managed to catch a stray Mum and her Kittens. I wanted to bring one home with me..xxx

Ana Anselmo said...

Katie! I am sending you all my love and positive thoughts. If I was there I will help you, so the only thing I can do is to send a big hug. I hope you find a good lawyer (I will cross my fingers too)
Love from Portugal
Ana

Kim said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!! I love kittens! They are so darn cute! Look at those little paws!! Your jugs look awesome- I'm going to have to try this out sooner or later :) Still have my fingers crossed for you for finding a new lawyer. Crossing my legs, toes and eyes now too and saying a little prayer ♥

onbeingaminimum said...

I love your jugs but I adore your kittens!

Sans! said...

Katie, a huge hug from me as well!