Thursday, June 3, 2010

The idea that started it all.....

You gotta love the library! It's full of inspiration.

So, a few months ago I went looking for books about mice in the children's section...and came across one called The Mother's Day Mice.....and inside it's front cover was the most amazing mouse house. I loved everything from the carved acorn above the front door to the grass covered roof.

And I had this house that I bought at Michael's awhile back that has been begging to become something.....but I couldn't see it....until I saw that house in that book. Do you see the resemblance?

....so I began sketching......

...and planning. Here is the beginning of my fireplace.

Can't say the idea was all mine. The idea for the fireplace came out of a book called Craftman Style. I used foamboard to make the base, and covered that with paperclay.....have I mentioned how much I love this paperclay stuff!!


....and here's a tease of what's to come.....

No comments: