Thursday, June 3, 2010

Carving the Downstairs...

First, I had to work on the area around where the door would go. Just traced my door onto the wall, and paperclayed around it.


Had to double check and make sure it would fit....



Then I began working on the wall the separates the 2 rooms...Mind you, I haven't glued the floor or the side wall into place yet.


Next I started working on the other side of the front wall.......(this will be under the window in that storage room I discussed in my my last blog)


Once I had all my walls carved out, and crumb-coated......It was time to scratch. I took my paperclay, rolled it out as thin as I could get it, dipped the piece of paperclay into some water, and then draped it over the area I wanted to work on. I pressed the paper clay down, to make sure it was attached all over, and then I began to run my needle through the clay....Kinda like scratching it in one direction.....over and over and over again. On the left side of the next picture is the before, and on the right is the after.....



Now can you see where I'm going with this?? (Just remember I plan on doing this scratchy thing all over the Whole house! LOL)


...Just a little closer view...


And now things are starting to come together....


Just have to fill in all the cracks....


'Yes, I think I'm going to like this!'


Then the wall got a 'carved' coat of paperclay.


And so did the other back wall for the storage room...

.....next comes the paint........
i think
stay tuned.....

No comments: