Thursday, June 3, 2010

And the winner is....

LOL....Your gonna have to keep reading to find out......

So...Here's the floor to the mouse house. Each stone was made from paperclay, then glued into place using tacky glue. You can see on the right I haven't started gluing the rocks down yet....but I wanted you to see that it's ok to draw out what you want first, because in the end your just going to paint over it anyways, right?!


Speaking of paint.....First I painted the whole thing gray, then I went back with water-colors, and played around until I got what I wanted. This looked so pretty at this point -loved how blue it looked.......blow this pic up and check it out, I can wait........lol


Then came the railroad ballast.....that was easy enough...put glue where you want the ballast and add the ballast. It is called ballast right?!



But of course the bf came in and told me it was "Too Pretty"........So with a little thought I went back and added some darker watercolor paint over the ballast. And it still looked to clean.......

And after A quick post to ya'll....someone suggested chalk!

Now that's what I call 'dirty'! hehehe.
Just shave off some of your favorite brown chalk, and using an old paint brush, push it into the cracks where you want it. Then I went back and did it a few more times. (I like the layered look, lol) When I was done I sprayed it with a Matte sealer and it worked perfectly!!

And you know I couldn't get a blog in without a kitty pic! So I thought I'd leave you with a pic of Jasper and Fred.....they're so cute when they sleep!

Can't promise I'm back, but hopefully over the next few weeks I can get some pic on here for you to enjoy. I loaded up two hundred and forty something pictures this morning....scary huh!!! LOL

See ya next time:)

4 comments:

Ascension said...

El resultado es genial, despues de tantos pasos te ha quedado de maravilla.
Los gatitos como siempre son muy dulces!!
besitos ascension

Caseymini said...

Katie, I'm so glad to see you back in blogland! Missed you(and the cats)something awful! That house is going to be fantastic when you finish! Can't wait to see it!

Ara said...

Glad it worked for you!!! It looks so great!

Sans! said...

This paperclay thing is really amazing. Must try it someday!