Friday, February 20, 2009

Look, I actually made something!

Yup! You heard me right! I did something productive! I made a picture frame for one of the paintings I did. I even made the mat.....just cut out a piece of cardboard, then covered it with a piece of scrap booking paper. I painted the frame with 2 coats of acrylic paint, then applied a varnish. I REALLY love this little painting.......
...and so does my daughter! She's already claimed it for her house.......and I think it works perfectly!!!
Honestly, I'm surprised I was able to get anything done at all. One of my outside kitties, JD, came home with a chunk of his ear missing Wednesday night. Either he was involved in a fight, or he got it hooked on something.......and now has a horrible hole! Needless to say, I haven't let him back outside yet, and he's been squawking about it ever since. He's very demanding....gets right up in your face and hollers....as if we couldn't hear him or something. Of course his satellite dish is MIA, or he'd have it hooked around his neck! And possibly a muzzle on his mouth!!

Poor, poor kitty...........all he wants to do is go roll in the dirt. Besides he has has rounds to make....heaven forbid another cat comes in his yard!! And Yes, he's fixed.......he's just a bully!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love the painting Katie. Reminds me of Narnia..
Glad to hear JD is on the mend.