Monday, December 8, 2008

Turn Your Bottle Caps into Trays!

Told ya I'd come back......

OK, so the other night I was trying to make a few trays to set the nail polish stuff on. I have these little circle mirrors I use for perfume trays, and thought they'd also make a cute tray for this....Then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted one of the bf's bottle caps and thought....I betcha this little mirror would fit perfectly inside......So I gesso-ed, painted and then glossed the bottle caps.

See....it works! And it's cute!! I even added some nail stuff to one of my pink platters to go in Katie's Corner......We're going to have some happy dolls around here!!! LOL!I even made some canisters.....It's crazy the amount of dollhouse things you can make out of beads!!I saw this picture in one of my dollhouse books, that had a silver cougar next to a chair. I really liked how it looked like a statue...so when I was at the Dollar General the other day, I picked up a bag of animals. I have to say, these poor fellas are not that cute! Just look at that lion...what in the world is up with his mouth?? Either way, when I get a chance, I'm going to take them outside and spray them silver!! We shall see what comes of them later!
Ok, well I'm off to find something productive to do today, Wish me luck!!! LOL!! See ya next time!

3 comments:

CA Verstraete said...

cute stuff! I have some bags of animals I got before too but I was thinking cruelly - cutting heads off to make plaques for the 1/2" scale house library walls!

Debbie said...

Bottle tops make great miniature Pie tins as well...

Katie said...

Don't worry Chris, I got my eyes out for some good looking ones to mount, too! I need an ostrich head for the bf's room, Bah hahaha!!! And I'd love to find him a good lion's head. Don't get me wrong, I'd never hurt a fly......but in the miniature world, our imagination has no limits....besides Otis eats all the flies around here!!

Thanks Debbie!!!...I have a few already stashed for when I finally sit down to make pies...I'd really like to make more food....Just haven't been in the mood. Don't worry though, knowing me, that muse will come back and bite me hard!! I'm really wanting to make Chrismas cookies and such, so we shall see what happens!!