Friday, November 28, 2008

Now Smell this....

Today seemed like a good day to sit back, watch a movie, or 2.....and make some perfume bottles. The bathroom in Cora's house is yellow...and the tub, sink, toilet, and mirror I ordered is green. Figured I'd make some bottles to match. The bf even made a couple....the blue one lying on it's side is his....pretty impressive for a guy, huh! The red one in the very front is his, too. He said it's a genie bottle...as you can see I still need to glue it together~ I wanted you to see how I make these though. I just use a flat headed pin and glue it into some beads. I do cut the pin down to size before I glue~ and make sure you use clear glue!! I also filled 3 jars for Katie's Corner.....I'll blame it on Debbie...seeing all her pretty jars reminded me that I had some that needed to be filled, too. I still need to put labels on these......seeing as the printer died, guess I'll have to write some out! Oh...and I didn't have cork to use for these, so I made some stoppers out of polymer clay...the 2 on the left aren't so bad!?! (That one on the right looks like it's trying to get away, huh!!) From left to right we have poppy seeds, chive seeds, and parsley seeds.....they won't be labeled this in the store, but I needed small things to put in the jars, and this is what I had....I still have 6 jars to fill, wonder what else I can find around here????

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Katie, I did laugh when I read this post..I'll take the blame! The Little blue shell shaped perfume bottle is very Art Deco.
Did you know that you can use poppy seeds in your polymer clay to resemble currants if your making Hot Cross Buns or Christmas Cake..
Mini Hugs x

Anonymous said...

Katie, I am having so much fun reading your posts. Makes me want to slip into your tiny world and start making miniatures too!

Angelus said...

Love your tiny perfume bottles. I did that several years ago, and you are making me relive those days. My dollhouse was Victorian, and the tiny things to decorate were wonderful to make. Beads and Fimo took over my life for quite a while. I loved making furniture too, but mostly just to put tiny things on. Your site is so much fun.

CA Verstraete said...

Great bottles! How about - gasp - glitter! (evil hehe)!

I was gonna do more bottles too, then I dropped the bead box... grr, after transferrring them to a plastic container with lid, I kind of gave up for now. ha!