Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I wish I could stick to just one thing!!!

I know...I starting talking about the skate shop and then started working on Cora's house?? That's how it is.....haha!! I'll get back to the skate shop next week, finally had a little bit of extra money, and was able to order the last counter. Hopefully I can at least get the inside of the skateshop done before Christmas. Thanks for the ideas about the graffiti...once I started really thinking about it last night, I realized that I was going to have to learn how to do it myself...lol.....can't be too hard right, nothing but big bubble letters and some color?!?! Hahahaha
OK...so lets talk about Cora's house for a minute. I managed to get a little bit of a lot done. Once I figured out which one went where, I glued in the Access Bay floors. While waiting for that to dry, I cut out the baseboards for the daughter's room.Then I went on a hunt for the left over flooring I knew I had hiding around here....cut them out and attached them to the floors. Good thing I don't throw anything away, or I would of been making another trip to Home Depot!
I also went ahead and glued (AND CLAMPED!!) the Access Bay Side into place. ..............And then came the 'fun' part......and I say that with all the love in the world. You see I had to get the bf to screw in the little hinges, and that consisted of hearing him yell all kinds of colorful words for 30 minutes. Poor Fella, the kids have run off with all of our screw drivers, and the only one we could find was this tiny little metal one. It was quite the sight to see him with this little screw driver, vice gripes to turn the screw driver, and a paper towel to hold the screw driver as he turned it!! Way to much fun!!! LOL!! (For me at least!!)Ok here's some advice: you really got to pay attention when marking your holes for the screws on this access door. Luckily the bf was paying attention and realized I had it set up wrong. (Check out the how the hinge is on the inside of the door, but on the outside of the side wall?) Good Save honey!! Then, we missed lining it up by 1/4 inch, so I had to glue the right side on 1/4inch below where it was suppose to go...this way when the door it shut, the door lines up to where it is suppose to go. I was not about to suggest re screwing the screws into the right place, after what I had just witnessed the first time around, no way!! HAHAHA

See, it worked pretty good!And while I was waiting for the glue to dry, I painted the baseboards for the daughter's room with 2 coats of paint. And once those dried I glued them into place! Then the bf cut out the crown molding for me. I find it funny how he props up his molding with another piece of molding, LOL: that's the carpenter in him coming out!!Me, I use painter's tape.....Well.....like I said, I got a lot of a little done or is that suppose to read a little of a lot??? Oh well, you understand........I hope:)

Hope everyone has a yummy Thanksgiving! Until next time...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Its all coming together now. Its going to look fantastic....

CA Verstraete said...

The house looks pretty good. Grr, hinges and those teensy screws are the worst!
Have a Happy Turkey Day! Don't eat too much!