Monday, August 4, 2008

The dining room

You saw the box yesterday, now you get to see what was in it.........Trim.......so exciting, huh! LOL....Don't worry, what I'm going to do with it will be a lot more fun!
The front part of the downstairs room (in Cora's house) is going to be the dining room. I wanted to do something special, so I decided to do 2 colors on the wall. I started with the lighter brown, but it really wasn't what I wanted. So I pulled out my stash of scrapbook paper, and looked through it for inspiration. I found a piece that looked like suede, and I realized that it was just a light brown with a dark brown on top. So I sponged the darker color over the first color on the wall, and this time I was very pleased with the results.And once I pulled off the blue tape, the inspector stopped by. I think he approves.


No comments: