Thursday, June 12, 2008

My glass Menagerie

I have this wooden box that I keep my special little things in. Not sure where I got it, just know I remember always having it. Through the years the contents have changed, a little. Some things have got broken, or lost.....and some new things have been added. It is at it's fullest right, due to the fact that I have a lot of things that will go in Katie's Corner, stored in this box.

But for now, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things with you.....
The first picture is of things I had in my dollhouse as a kid. From left to right, we have a washboard, then there's what's left of a tea set. Next is a little lamp, then a phone. My reindeer rations jar is next~ too funny!! Then there is a dog that goes with another blog. And the last thing is a little plastic stroller.

The blue couch set has been with me for as long as I can remember, as well. I'm not sure of the scale....it is smaller than the 1/12 scale I am familiar with. And it is made of metal....very heavy metal!! Glad I held onto these!

Here is my blue cooking set. Again I have been collecting these for awhile. I started out with a simple plate set, and have added to it. And one of my neighbors gave me a couple pieces when she had to move. I think they need to go in a camping scene!

My neighbor also gave me the 2 gentlemen in the picture below. They remind me of my Dad, he had several bigger ones. I put the shells in the jars, thought they looked good together! And one day, I will do a beach house that will house these.



No comments: